2018 Call for Proposals
The Society of Actuaries is accepting proposals for sessions at the 2018 Enterprise Risk Management Symposium, April 18-20, 2018, at the Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay.
Note:Submitting a proposal does not guarantee it will be selected as a session at the meeting. You will be notified by Jan. 8, 2018, if your proposal has been accepted exactly as is, or it may be combined with similar/related proposal(s). The committee reserves the right to reject any proposal if it is determined the topic is not a match for this program.
The planning committee is seeking proposals for sessions that will:
- Deliver relevant, educational content;
- Offer topics that appeal to professionals in the U.S., Canada and internationally;
- Provide current information covering all aspects of the actuarial profession; and
- Fulfill continuing education requirements.
The committee is particularly interested in education sessions that bring a fresh perspective and appeal to risk management professionals relating to the following topics (not excluding others):
- Cyber risk,
- Use of ERM within the value creation process,
- Governance & Coordination between First, Second and Third lines of defense,
- Risk Taking Opportunity with ERM,
- Modeling and Quantification of Risks,
- Property-casualty-liability risk,
- Life/Health risk,
- Operational risk, and
- Risk Culture
As you develop the proposal, consider the following:
- How can the content be delivered in an engaging way?
- Sessions should be educational and not a forum for an individual company or product;
- Include the names of potential presenters who are interested in sharing their expertise.;
- Presenters should be from a variety of companies (minimum of two companies);
- A person should not present in more than 2 sessions
Please submit your proposal through this online submission form by Dec. 8, 2017. The form should be filled out completely in order to be considered by the committee. If you have a colleague who is an expert on a particular topic, please let them know about this opportunity.
Dec. 8 - Session proposal due
Jan. 8 - Acceptance notification
Jan. 31 - Program schedule finalized
April 18-20 - ERM Symposium
If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Smith.