2019 Call for Proposals
The Casualty Actuarial Society, the Society of Actuaries, and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries are accepting proposals for sessions at the 2019 Enterprise Risk Management Symposium, May 2-3, 2019 at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld®.
Note: Submitting a proposal does not guarantee it will be selected as a session at the meeting. You will be notified by Jan. 15, 2019, if your proposal has been accepted exactly as is, or it may be combined with similar/related proposal(s). The committee reserves the right to reject any proposal if it is determined the topic is not a match for this program.
The planning committee is seeking proposals for sessions that will:
- Deliver relevant, educational content;
- Offer topics that appeal to professionals in the U.S., Canada and internationally;
- Provide current information covering all aspects of the actuarial profession; and
- Fulfill continuing education requirements.
The committee is particularly interested in education sessions that bring a fresh perspective and appeal to risk management professionals relating to the following topics (not excluding others):
- Stress & Scenario Testing
- Capital Framework
- Predictive Modeling & ERM
- Risk Appetite
- Operational Risk
- Model Validation
As you develop the proposal, consider the following:
- How can the content be delivered in an engaging way?
- Sessions should be educational and not a forum for an individual company or product;
- Include the names of potential presenters who are interested in sharing their expertise;
- Presenters should be from a variety of companies (minimum of two companies);
- A person should not present in more than 2 sessions; and
- Can you discuss particular case studies?
Please submit your proposal through this online submission form by Dec. 17, 2018. The form should be filled out completely in order to be considered by the committee. If you have a colleague who is an expert on a particular topic, please let them know about this opportunity.
Dec. 17 – Session proposal due
Jan. 15 – Acceptance notification
Feb. 14 – Program schedule finalized
May 2-3 – ERM Symposium
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lummis.